View Single Post
      07-14-2019, 11:11 PM   #32
Jay86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Fiesta ST

This thread is a little old, so hopefully you don't mind the hijack. I'm also deciding between a 135i and 86 so figured I'd post a few additional questions here.

From what I've read, the 135i won't be competitive in stock form. But, personally I just want the platform that's going to offer the most fun on the street and track/autocross. Fun for me is a car that has communicative steering and chassis. I previously owned an mk7 GTI and while that car put down good lap times for its class, it was far too numb and boring so I got rid of it. So, I don't care about lap times or the potential to be competitive in autocross. That mechanical connection is what I'm really after.

I know the 86 has the better chassis, but does the 135i at least have better steering with it being hydraulic? What bothers me about the 86 is the lack of power, I'm afraid it'll be annoying as hell to DD.

If I do decide on the 1, can I track it reliably with just basic bolt ons, oil cooler and sump?

I'll be test driving a 2011 135i either Monday or Tuesday, but would appreciate feedback from people who have tracked them.
Appreciate 0