View Single Post
      10-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #47
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I think the acceptable options are no badge, original badge, or different color but otherwise original badge. I took the 128i off my vert because it was chrome. My trim is not otherwise chrome. I thought about black or matte black and decided none was the best option. If you know 1s you know it's a 128i and anybody that asks I tell. I'd love to have a 1M but I also am proud of my 128i. It is a very nice car with enough power. I thought about getting a vanity plate to read "e88 n52" but dropped the idea when I learned I would have to pay money each year to keep it. I put matte black kidney grilles on for the same reason the badge came off. The originals had chrome surrounds and I want the outside black or white - not chrome.

I think people who put badges on their car that are mis-leading are the ones with a problem. No badge or the same badge is just a style choice to me. I cannot imagine taking off a M badge, however. People who do not know bimmers don't realize what it means and the ones that do have nothing but a positive impression. Style points are good - but maybe I'd think differently if I had a AW 1M.

Jim
..Rush..973.50