04-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #39
EMWOLB
Bon Vivant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
By going and test driving one yourself. If that isn't sufficient, you look to people who actually own and drive them, instead of those who do bullshit testing on them.

Unless you're one of those people who HAS to have the newest model when it's released, any car after a given amount of time is going to get feedback on pro's and con's. Forums like this are a beautiful place for gathering information from people who actually drive the cars on a daily basis.

I test drove an M235i and I felt like even though my 128 isn't in the same ball park, it still felt way more connected and raw to me as a driver and to the road than the 2 series.
Well I don't consider the testing that Consumer Union does bullshit testing. If you bothered to look into how it acquires cars and the period of time over which it tests them and the tests performed, you'd be impressed.

If anything is BS, it is much of the miscellaneous comments made on car forums. Very little of what is said is backed up by any "real" facts or data.

My last car was a 135i with the M Sport package, and my current car is an M235i. I had 80K miles on the 1 and now I have 30K on the 2. The 2 has a more compliant ride than the 1, but besides that, I consider the two cars equivalent to each other.

Getting back to CU, they gave the 2 a rave review and a road test score of 98 (perfect is 100). When they tested 1 some years back, they were equally enthusiastic.
Appreciate 0