04-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #10
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Not the same but I believe the M differential is similar to what I have installed in my rear pumpkin (customized clutch drexler). The ramps are adjustable from 10% to full lock. Typically they are something like 40/10 or 50/25. Full lock on accel or high lock on decel are highly undesirable.
Yeah I'm not sure if one is better or not just that they are different types and custom ones can do all that too. I do think that a 135i should benefit from an LSD with so much torque. I also think the e-diff is only activated when traction control turned off completely. Most of us don't drive with it off? If someone can confirm that. I also wonder how good the diff is for the 1M. It was designed for NA cars with less torque and more linear power delivery. I think the ultra low max torque and spiky nature make the diff a little unpredictable. I believe the m2 got a more modern diff that seems to work a little better and more consistent with the power delivery.

If I was going to put an lsd in a 135i I would probably talk to an outfit like Turner Motorsports or Dackelone since he is connected. : )
Appreciate 0