View Single Post
      04-02-2020, 02:28 PM   #11
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yeah I'm not sure if one is better or not just that they are different types and custom ones can do all that too. I do think that a 135i should benefit from an LSD with so much torque. I also think the e-diff is only activated when traction control turned off completely. Most of us don't drive with it off? If someone can confirm that. I also wonder how good the diff is for the 1M. It was designed for NA cars with less torque and more linear power delivery. I think the ultra low max torque and spiky nature make the diff a little unpredictable. I believe the m2 got a more modern diff that seems to work a little better and more consistent with the power delivery.

If I was going to put an lsd in a 135i I would probably talk to an outfit like Turner Motorsports or Dackelone since he is connected. : )
Not sure on the eDiff. I never found it worked well, extremely unpredictable. I coded mine out, when I put in the drexler.

Agreed on the M diff. At least the M rear end has strong axles. Would have saved me replacing mine.