View Single Post
      05-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #32
msos
always been a BMW fan.........
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Porsche 997

Question What would you get?

I have reviewed all the write ups on 1addicts.com and now need to make a decision on what tire/wheel set up I will buy for track use only!

I have a 2011 135i with MSport package and I am keeping wheels and tires that car came with for street driving and looking for a track only set up. My inclination as at this time I have “stock suspension” and no immediate intention to change that is to go for the following track set up:

Breyton Race GTS (Bright Silver Paint) staggered set up to match current street set up so suspension settings can remain the same as street set up. Tires choice is where I am having a hard time:

• Toyo R888 seems to be the best combination of track and streetable (as I need to drive 30-150 miles each way to tracks in my area)

• I am not comfortable with Hoosiers, Kuhmo 710’s or Hankook Z214 as they have almost no tread and appear to be best for dry only conditions) and my track driving skills are not so aggressive as to need the max grip tire in the world

• Both Dunlop Direzza F1 and Advan AD08’s both appear to be leaning more towards street use with less track capabilities.

Help is needed to be sure I am not making a bad decision here…………….??
Appreciate 0