06-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #10
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezone135i View Post
So you're running 15 on the front? Obviously this reduces the stagger which I can imagine looks better but that seems like a lot for the fronts. I'm reading all sorts of negative things about positive scrub radius when going too wide on the front.
The front is perfectly fine with stock wheels ,tyres (215/40/18) and suspension. Only when you go to a 225/40/18 the tyres will only rub on the clip that holds the front bar to the front quarter pannel.

At the time I had the BMW performance springs installed.That was lowerd - gap between tyres and arch was about 10mm clearence - no rubbing with 215/40/18 stock tyres but did rub on the clip with 225/40/18 P-ZERO.

My rear guards had to be rolled making clearence for the BMW PS when installed, other wise it would fold your rear guards. After when rolled it may slightly rub on 10 o'clock inside. That is over a big bump or hump at speed.

Going to coilover-you would not have any of these rubbing problem due the suspension being much stiffer as I have experience.
Appreciate 0