View Single Post
      01-02-2020, 08:38 PM   #32
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
With all due respect, you have not found the limit of the cars capability if you have not found understeer on a stock suspension with staggered set up. Changing tires will not change the fact of the car is set up to understeer from the factory, mainly a product of having way too little camber in the front. Changing from one brand of tire to another is not going to drastically change the balance of grip between the front and the rear. Going to a square set up will eliminate some understeer, and changing alignment settings will certainly help, but if you ever autocross the car or go to a track where you truly are driving at the limit of grip, the understeer on this car is very frustrating.
I am not being argumentative ...based on my experience on the street and on track

This car will understeer if the driver sharply turns (ie. panic turn in or is not smooth with the steering) or if the surface is truly loose or if the tire pressures are out.

I found that if you are smooth and direct there is otherwise no understeer.

If you are regularly understeer this car then you:
1) are over driving past the limit of the front tires (ie. you need r-compound)
2) are not smooth
3) are on loose surfaces
4) your race track is really really tight but even then I am not certain it will understeer

My track experience is Mosport, Mosport dtc and Calabogie

That said, I still do respect your comments regarding the front camber.
Appreciate 0