View Single Post
      02-02-2020, 01:10 PM   #40
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I have not done track in the 1M just autocross . It did understeer for me if overdriven with stock setup. I did it with both super sports and Michelin Sports Cups 1. If I dove into corner too hot and cranked the wheel it would understeer a bit then when I applied power it would oversteer if I was not gradual with the application. After a day of auto crossing I let a friend that is an instructor and class champion drive it and he finished the course faster than me and and had less understeer and oversteer than me. I was impressed since he had never driven the 1M. Slowed down for the corners during fun runs and the understeer became less pronounced . So it does have understeer at the limit and past it but I can see how for some drivers it's not as noticeable. My friend didn't find the understeer to be an issue. His comment was how much throttle discipline is required in the 1M and we both said it almost took us back to our front wheel drive days where you had to very careful with throttle application when auto crossing. Finally I see a lot of trackers go with a bigger front sway bar only and from my experience this can increase understeer. So anyway my point is that the severity of understeer is dependent on driving style. So I hope that helps bridge the divide in opinions here. Best wishes and thank you for your inputs. I really want to try 4S with 255 and 275.
The throttle thing is something that very few companies, like Cadillac, seem to be getting right these days. It doesn’t make sense to make a throttle more aggressive when entering various sport modes. What Cadillac does is actually make the throttle smoother and more linear in the modes for the track, so the car has more touch and feel.

MHD tuning has a linear throttle option, which is a step in the right direction for the E82.
Appreciate 1
ShocknAwe3232.50