08-21-2019, 09:19 PM   #17
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
My e88 seats do not drop. Mine is a 2009 and has no trunk key lock. Maybe those from earlier in 2009 had it.

I am not a fan of this change or the removal of the dipstick.

My trunk locks and unlocks with the key fob. If the car is unlocked, the trunk is unlocked. When I push the key fob unlock it unlocks both doors and the trunk. When I push lock, it locks all three. It seems your cars are set up differently. They programmed it this way for me at the Performance Center when I took delivery. They set it up with the turn stalk buttons.

I am struggling to understand how a connection under the hood would not work if the positive battery terminal is disconnected in the trunk. Maybe there is some kind of logic circuit in the car's computer that is involved? If so, more bad design thinking.
Hey Jim, thanks for your reply.

Yeah I don't understand either, because one of the videos I had seen, it was clearly working. But I had the battery completely disconnected which is maybe why. I think in the video I posted the guy removed the negative terminal only. I didn't get a good look and don't remember.

But irrelevant. It's a design flaw full stop and almost shocking that no one thought that it would be a problem. I mean why not have at the very least the middle section that opens to the trunk, I think it's for skis or something.

But I did not know that regarding your seats, I had seen a video of a convertible that had the buttons on the inside of the car to let the seats down.

Makis
Appreciate 0