View Single Post
      07-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #6
Blacksport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1368633 View Post
I'm looking to get rid of my secondary cat to make my PE sound even better. Will Supersprint section 1 pipes fit my n51?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...traight-pipes/

It says it only fits n52 and up to 2012 but I'm thinking it should be fine for the n51. I don't think there is any change between 2012 and 2013 either.

Also would this setup cause a CEL?

Picked up my 2013 128i a couple months ago and have been loving it! I almost gave up on looking for one since finding a manual that wasn't peasant spec'd seemed almost impossible. I waited and got everything I wanted, manual, M sport, Nav, bi xenons and just about every other option.

Couple of points...yes, you'll get a CEL removing the lower cats; there's sensors for them and the cat heaters...BYW, you MUST remove the heaters, otherwise they'll stay hot all the time trying to heat the non-existant O2 sensors.

If you're only looking for sound, you'll get it with the SS pipe...but if your looking for power, you might consider what I & others have done...Stage3 intake, AA headers + their tune, aFe intake, and Magnaflow catback... Now, the car will actually move, and not just make noise.

There's a reason I bought my "peasant" spec'd car, basically no options except manual sport seats (perfect), let me point out that I'd rather pick my own options, rather than use BMW's hi-priced stuff. Now that LED's are available, zenons are old school, and I'll take my coil-overs and hollow swaybar with adjustable heim-joints, over M-sport. Plus 6-piston BBK, wavetrac finned diff, 18" wheels, oil cooler, oil pressure gauge, Whiteline sub bushings, Blackline tail lights, and on & on...
'13 128i 6sp, '19 Cherokee Ltd 3.2, '17 Ducati SuperSport S Gone But Not Forgotten: 74 Z28, 77 Datsun 280Z (1st 5sp in US), 92 Nissan 300ZTT, 94 MB SL600 V12, 01 M Roadster, 66 Yamaha TwinJet 100, 70 Suzuki X6 Hustler Race: GP/FP Spitfire SCCA, Merlyn FF SCCA, Mazda RX7 IMSA GTU, Yamaha FZR 400 AMA.
Appreciate 0