View Single Post
      02-17-2019, 05:46 AM   #317
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

You know your body best. There are many variations of Wendler out there now...Nsuns being one of them.....that reduce volume but still offer various means of progression so that you are continually moving forward even though sometimes you you feel it's painfully slow. But art our age...gains are gains!

I'm naturally a "low bar" squatter....plus I'm short, so the mechanics work in my favor.

Plus I used to box in the amateur division, so shoulder mobility and being loose was an essiential part in being able to stay covered.

But when I boxed, I was in the 150lb ish weight class. I had a friend who introduced me to the gym. I went in with the intention of stregenthing my punching power.....so all I ever trained was legs because I didn't won't to affect my shoulder mobility....and all your power is generated from the ground up anyway.

I trained legs exclusively for over a year without touching my upper body....maybe that's why my legs develop so easily now.

But I found out that my body really agreed with the weights....guess I had better genetics for that than boxing. I put on 20+ pounds my first year in the gym.

But that also brought along repercussions. It moved me into a weight class in boxing where everyone was 6+ inches taller than me.....so reach immediately became a factor. It only took a year of me lowering my head and taking shots just to get inside to figure out it wasn't working out like I wanted. (I'm stubborn)

Now my ears look like a toned down version of some of these MMA fighters!
Appreciate 0