alindquist
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
Great taste in cars and mods.

Please share more about your former 190E...those cars are amazing, and all too often underrated.
Thanks!

Yes, they're lovely cars. The disadvantage of them are the aftermarket, when I started building that car back in 2011 there was nothing available.

It had an M103 3.0L pushing about 550whp & 700wnm, and the weight of the car was 1150kg, so it was fast. Almost impossible to drive

I rebuilt the whole car, it was an never ending process for sure. When I bought it, I didn't know a single thing, never touched a weld machine before so it was an quite interesting start. Started to do alot of rust repairing, Sweden and salty roads... And the cage was next up, and so it went on.

The first stage of the car was finished in about 11 months.

Later on I rebuilt the whole drivetrain and chassi, wasn't available to find "high end" components to the suspension so I decided to rebuilt the tubs to fit coilovers from E36, both front and rear reinforced in to the cage.

Went for an GS5-39DZ gearbox from E46 330D, prop from E46 330D and differential and axles from M3 3.2 E36, the big 210 case and thing started to hold up for the power.

Short summary

Loved that car! But it wasn't the best trackday car, for drifting for sure but not to do fast laps

Last edited by alindquist; 03-10-2020 at 01:37 AM..
Appreciate 1