Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcossE82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olgeezer1 View Post
Lots of good advice here. I can only echo what's been said. For a 6 speed/Sport Pkg. car condition and maintenance history is what matters. Besides seats and trim there's also an upgraded/ lower suspension. I looked for 6 months for mine. Be willing to travel and pay anything close to reasonable. Forget book values, these are rare cars and that purchase price will soon be forgotten once you start driving. One last point - maintenance and ALL fluid changes (oil, coolant, trans., diff. ) is critical. "Lifetime fill" as any mechanic knows is a flat out lie.
Im more focused on a 6peed then I am with the other add ons. Suspension, seats, and other things are replaced and upgradable. An auto to manual swap is to much money and time to worry about for me! (I've done the research...)
I wish I had the same outlook.. I would have to undo all the mods and trinkets I added to my auto before selling to get a manual and that's not happening
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0