04-23-2017, 04:39 PM   #12
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
I can't wait to to bleed the lines and flush the fluid now!!

Good thing I already have INPA installed and have already connected to my car before!

Amazing write up. I vote to sticky this in the DIY section!
This was much easier than both the traditional two-man and pressure bleeder methods and seemingly more effective as it bleeds the entire system including the ABS system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Nice job, and nice photos. Thanks for sharing. Your calipers have a new lease on life!

Your wheel studs make me want to mount mine along with my track wheels.
I'm loving the wheel studs so far. Made mounting up the wheels quick and painless. I'm not running spacers, but if I were, even more reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Thanks for the INPA bleeding details- I'm not too far from doing my own brake job and have been looking for details on this method!

Also, the finish on your calipers is sex! It's sooo deep it looks like you could dive in!
They turned out exactly as planned. Red calipers have been done a million times, but there's a reason for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain slowly View Post
nice socks! also, can you share the contact info of the man who rebuilt your calipers?
Josh at Detective Coatings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Always pushing the boundaries, aren't we? ;-)

Great write up. I've not had the hydraulic system apart yet, but will certainly keep this in mind for when I do.

I was kind of under the impression that we should be selecting E89 when using INPA, NCS etc with our cars? Could that have been the source of the warnings you initially saw?

I wonder what 'DSC pre bleeding'does? Worth a try?

ianc
I haven't seen the E89 reference when it comes to INPA. I'm not sure why you'd select the Z4 chassis (E89 option) over a fellow 1-series chassis (E87 option). I'm fairly certain I connected via the E90 option for coding my injectors, but the E87 option was the only one that allowed me to get into the Dynamic Stability Control option with success. All the others brought up connection error messages that would not allow me to pass through.

I only tried the DSC rework options, none of the others, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt to explore. I still plan on bedding in the brakes, driving around for a few thousand miles or so until my next oil change, and bleeding the brakes one last time to just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyDC4 View Post
Interesting.

Has anyone ever tracked a car with the rebuilt calipers?
I think some of the track guys have rebuilt their own calipers with aftermarket seals, dust boots and pistons, but I haven't done that much research into how they've held up. Mine won't be seeing much hard action besides the occasional spirited drive through the mountains.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm eager to bed the brakes in so I can give some reviews, but the weather has been non-cooperative for the past 72 hours.

Last edited by chadillac2000; 04-24-2017 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 1