08-27-2018, 02:47 AM   #6
Zombie_Head
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
I’d largely echo CarJunkie’s comments. Even in > 100F ambient temps I’ve not seen limp mode (knock wood).
Upgrade brake fluid and throw in some track pads and you should be good to go. My experience with the stock setup, SRF fluid and PFC08 pads was reliable, reproducible, fade free and drama free braking. Longevity (in contrast to CJ’s experience) was nothing short of phenomenal (but I’m not particularly fast.)
Many prefer a square set of wheels 275/35/18 to make the balance more neutral and dial out some understeer. Camber plates are mandatory.
The only hesitation with tracking is perhaps the emotional discomfort with beating on a “future classic” on the track and the risk of finding the Armco or whatever. However I also believe that cars were meant to be driven...
That "future classic" is worrying me as well.

SS Lines, fluid and pads are mandatory for anyone hitting the track, well at least pads and fluid.

Those 275/35s all round are pricey, compared to 235/40s obviously.

However, i do not purchase cars for collection, if i keep the 125i, purchase an E46 M3 or 1M it will be for life, or as long as i can and drive it daily regardless of the milage.
Appreciate 0