View Single Post
      10-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #20
gtjosh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver 2011 135i DCT

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Review

Here is my review of these tires

When looking for tires to replace my stock run flats on my car I wanted to make sure they would handle well in the wet and dry since I would be pushing these tires on mountain roads. I ordered these tires because they were budget friendly and looked like they had great potential. The first time I drove on these tires I took my car out to the local twisty roads known as the twisted sisters out west of San Antonio. The first 100 miles was highway driving and then we got into some high speed turns followed by some low speed hairpin turns. The first part of the day the tires felt unsettled and a little loose but after a few hundred miles they got better. I continued to drive on these tires for the next few weeks to break them in a little more before mile 1000 mile trip to the tail of the dragon.

The 1000 mile trip on these tires was amazing compared to the stock run flats my car originally came with. They were very smooth and quiet and responded very well when trying to dodge giant holes in the Louisiana highways. Once I made it to the dragon I knew I made the right choice in tire. I kept pushing and pushing these tires and not once did they ever let go. The made some noises but never let go. All of the unsettled feeling I got from them back in Texas was gone and they never felt loose again. The turn in feel was very sharp and the extra braking power I got from these tires was amazing. I will defiantly recommend this tire to anyone else who likes spirited driving like I do and I will be buying a set of these for my other car.
Appreciate 0