View Single Post
      01-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #1
pablom2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

M3 rear subframe bushings increased height/wheel gap?

Hi,

I just installed VRSF intercooler, DINAN fixed front camber plates, and the four M3 rear subframe bushings.

When I picked up my car from the shop I noticed the front was raised a little bit which I expected from the fixed camber plates, but I also noticed the rear was significantly higher than before. The wheel gap is very noticeable. Is this normal? Even if the OEM bushings were in bad shape, can the new bushings raise the rear height that much? Or is there something wrong?

The shop told me it might take a few days for everything settle down since they had to take apart half the car to install the bushings, I drove the car a bit and everything seems very tight, there is no knocking or weird noises. I also have the front M3 control arms and B8 Bilstein dampers with the stock springs, I might go for the Eibach springs now that the car is raised all around to reduce the wheel gap and improve the handling further. I was worried the springs would cause rubbing because with my wide OZ wheels and offset (18x8 front et 34, rear 18x9 et 40) I had to roll the fenders before, but now it looks like the springs will fit without rubbing.

Let me know what you think?

...on to the next mods!