View Single Post
      03-29-2019, 09:16 AM   #47
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

So I had a horrible scare yesterday.

I had to gun it to get out of the neighborhood into rush hour traffic, the car usually hangs the last gear for a few then upshifts and keeps going, no big deal. No it started bucking, not downshifting couldn't decide what it wanted to do.

Pull up to stop light, and its like the clutch won't disengage and tries to kill the engine. Go through the light, have to stop for someone turning, it starts bucking again, kills the engine. 3 restarts to get it back in gear and get off the road.

Went ahead and finished the trip to Lowe's (cause if it screws up it's going to need a tow either way) and it seemed mostly OK. But even parking at Lowes, it acts up when we get to a stop.

Driving it home seemed OK? Not in sport mode, and pulling up to each stop VERY slowly it didn't do the bucking/idle jump thing.

Low fluid? DCT pump on the out? Mechatronics unit hosed? Just needs recalibration?

I really don't need a huge 4 figure repair bill right now. The car is scheduled to my trusted Indy on Wednesday, and it won't be driven until then.
Appreciate 0