aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Looks like somone from BMW was miss quoted by the German TV press. BMW put out a new statement today - reaserting its position that E10 is safe to use in thier (2000 M.Y. & later) cars.

I personally will not use it. But here is todays press release. I also attached the rpess release and also a English version of the LIST of BW cars that CAN NOT use E10.

Dackel

from BMW AG's press website...

BMW backs the introduction of Super E10 fuel in Germany and Europe.
  • Press Release

BMW supports the introduction of Super E10 fuel in Germany and Europe. This is also in accordance with the decision made following the legislative procedure involving BMW and the motor industry.
There have been no changes to the technical assessments which were made for Europe and Germany at the time.
The statements made by Mr Brüner on the matter of E10 use in BMW vehicles expressly did not refer to countries with fuel standards such as those applicable in the EU, but to countries with clearly inferior fuel grades.
In the light of current developments, this was confirmed tonight by Dr Klaus Draeger, Member of the Board of Management BMW AG, Development.
“Contrary to current media reports which state otherwise, we affirm our declaration that E10 fuels can be safely used in all BMW passenger car models from any production year.
A small number of older BMW vehicles require Super Plus RON 98 to reduce knock. Irrespective of ethanol content, these vehicles are therefore not suited for Super fuel. The relevant list of these vehicles was already published by the ADAC on March 1st this year.
All oil-change intervals as prescribed by us remain unchanged, irrespective of the use of E10 fuel.”
Dack,

Did you ever hear anything about the meet they had on tuesday dealing with the E10??

Saw a tanker on base and I decided to go and ask him with my awesome german language and asked him what he was carrying. He told me Diesel, Super unleaded with 5% and Superplus with 5% also

AND THEY STILL DON'T HAVE THE PUMPS MARKED APPROPRIATELY