Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
The police are saying that the car was going at least 90mph when it impacted the telephone pole. He may have been alive in a technical sense when the fire started, but there's no way his brain was functioning.
If that is true, then he certainly wasn't conscious when he burned. I think he probably would have died later of internal injuries later, but that is really an unknown factor.

What is annoying is all the Porsche apologists are coming out of the woodwork talking about all the safety features the car has. I mean what is the point of all the seatbelts, crumple zones, elaborate braking components, yada yada yada if the car is going to explode like a bomb? I would rather be killed on impact than survive the impact (because of all the great safety equipment) so that I can be burned alive a half a second later.

The only real relevant safety issue is whether Porsche could have done anything reasonable to reduce the chance of fire after an impact.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0