Thread: RIP Paul Walker
View Single Post
      01-06-2014, 02:00 AM   #192
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

In my opinion, this Carrera GT is a very poor vehicle in terms of safety.
A vehicle that cost that much and claims to be somewhere in the ultra sportcars level, should be able to protect its passengers to a certain degree.
I am absolutely sure that in a different car it will be a different story. I have seen smaller, cheaper sport vehicles, including M3's jumping out of the cliff, rolling over, and the owner walked away with some scratches.

I have some friends in Europe, they fell of the bridge that was 50 meters high with a 6000 euros Citroen and they walk from the scene.

I think this is a big slap on Porsche's face, this car does not provide safety and it doesn't worth the money. A vehicle that is able to run at a certain speed should be able to resist a certain degree of impact. You expect from a vehicle with a such image to be well built because is not cheap either.
Or it should come with a disclaimer, that the bumper resist at 5 km/h impact and that the passengers are relatively safe at max 100km/h. Over that speed in case of an impact the occupants may die or the vehicle can explode.

I am not surprised, there are many expensive but very. fragile cars out there. Have a look at this website. They do have some problems but the manufacturer does not care.

http://www.lambounfall.de/lamborghin...ago-crash.html

I do believe that some cars really don't worththe money. There is a point where regardless how much I love cars, I wouldn't spend that insane amount of money for some cars. I have just seen a brand new Ferrari last fall and some parts were so cheap that actualy shocked me. Yeah, some people can buy them, I wouldn't.

I will never buy that Carrera GT regardless of its specs. It is just an expensive cart.
To bad that good people died...
Appreciate 0