View Single Post
      03-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #55
Amalfitano
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i STEP, Future //M2012

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
finally got my plates where i want them, pretty aggressive looking toe out for now, hoping for my alignment tomorrow at lunch maybe. It's a bit of wasted money, but i'd like to actually test n tune sunday, and i'd rather not do that with an out of whack alignment.

It's wasted money only because my corner balancing has to wait until next week. The guy i was referred is on the road for a race starting thursday, couldn't fit me tomorrow. Now i just need to redo my trunk liner (entirely didn't get it back in right, ran out of daylight, and it's a freezer out still in Chicagoland), but that'll wait until my cable extenders for the rear adjusters come in. i didn't want to cut into the trunk liner.

anyone else have the bracket holding our brake lines rub against the plastic wire holder that's flush against the engine bay? it was a simple case of the bracket twisting a little bit with the swaybar endlink install. I thankfully noticed it...

test fitting the new shoes tomorrow, possibly at the same time as the alignment. Would've liked to have known the fitment nice and officially already, but lost the past weekend with a wedding combined with being at the mercy of hungover people to get back home Sunday.

Tomorrow - alignment/ wheel n' tire fitment check day, some bump tests some street hard cornering. Won't be quite as hard as i'd like to confirm everything, but should be close. Air filter swap

Thursday - if the alignment falls through - alignment day, and if i can squeeze it and it's necessary, fender rolling day. And if it's the most productive day ever, cable extenders and trunk liner redo day.

Friday - catch-all for whatever didn't get done, harness tightening, and hopefully not running into anything else

Saturday- Chicago Region learning curve, whole lot of cold, hopefully get some excited students into autocross long term. Also need to by my new classes letters.

Sunday - test n' tune. If everything is in good order, hopefully i find some guys who didn't get their cars ready for some extra drives, tunes, and tire warmers. Though if we actually get showers like forecasted, i might wish i skipped it

Short of the corner balance appointment, and maybe thinking i didn't get any rubbing while actually getting some rubbing and doing some fender work, i think next week i get to relax and try not to get too distracted at work that i still get stuff done. RACE SEASON IS HERE

Although i guess i might be getting some new (for me) catted DP's and bushings to install before the first event

Unfortunately i got to NO weight reduction, but i could lose a few pounds myself
Appreciate 0