08-28-2018, 07:03 AM   #87
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorbes View Post
Just picked up my own 997.2 gt3 (dream car since I laid my eyes on her)

I knew I couldn't buy anything but the GT3 as that's the car I've always wanted. I was going to settle for a turbo or GTS but I knew deep inside what I wanted.

I bought sight unseen and got the car shipped to me. I'm deeply in love with her already and everyday I love her more as I get some valuable seat time behind the wheel and we become more comfortable with each other.

My judgment for paying 110k for a car that's 8 years old was simple. Even though I'm clearly overpaying for what this car is, someone will pay this much again when I want to sell her. It's funny to think about, but when you buy a GT car (excerpt 991.1) - you can practically drive them for free or near free as your car retains or even goes up in value. Crazy!
This is one of the things that got me over the edge on my 993, unless there is a huge market change my 993 should hold it's value or even continue to appreciate. Having said that, I haven't made or lost anything unless or until I sell and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Appreciate 0