View Single Post
      01-31-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Straight to the point, what's your budget?

What are you driving habits?
Budget is as cheap as possible, but I don't want crap like Megan coils (from what I've heard). Something around or not much more than the ST price range would be preferable. Technically I can stretch my money but I'd rather not. Driving is all roads at this point, usually very spirited. I live in NYC now but drive my car in Jersey when I visit my girlfriend and family. My extended warranty ends in July and I was thinking about starting to AutoX the car once that happens, but because of recent new time constraints I'm not even sure if that's possible. I wouldn't mind something stiffer than KW, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
I’ll be upgrading to V2s or Ohlins R&Ts come Spring time, the STs are too soft for my tastes. But in fairness, I’ve had zero issues in terms of product defects or failures, albeit they’ve been on the car for like 10K miles so I’d certainly hope that would be the case.

Try to find some used V2s, can usually be had for a non-headache inducing price and are a nice, well-rounded upgrade.
I was thinking of V2s but now that I'm having this warranty issue I'm thinking I would really prefer to buy new. If that's not possible used V2s or Ohlins would be nice. I'm really just worried about layer issues cropping up because I don't have the time to deal with this shit any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
The warranty process for ST and KW is no different. KW also requires you fill out a data sheet with height measurements of the coilover perch and even the car itself... Turn around time is about 1 to 2 weeks, and they usually warranty all repairs unless you give them bad measurements.
I see. Are all coilover manufacturers like that? I don't drive my car often but when I need it, I really need it, and I can't afford to have the car sitting around. Also, i would really rather not just replace the ST coil if another is going to break down the road, so having a full set of new coilovers sounds appealing. At least if something happens I'll have the new manufacturer warranty and it hopefully won't happen for a while. Thank you for the input. What would you personally suggest if I were you?

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0