View Single Post
      08-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #83
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat View Post
Yes that is the right type of thing to use to come out of the fuse box.

Go that route rather than try to tap in up top. You'll have 0 fit issues (e.g. having to cram the V1 power supply up there), never have to worry about getting the wrong wire (or damaging another while you are up there), and won't give the dealer anything to argue about should your sunroof (or other electronics up there) start having issues down the road.

You don't have to cut the connector off the end of the fuse wire. You simply strip the V1's power wire back, stick it in the connector and crimp it. You might, however, want to crimp on a spade to the ground for the V1 to make it easier to attach somewhere, but it's not a requirement.
Great advice.. Question.. What kind of fuses are in the 135i? My '99 M3 uses Maxi fuses, but Im reading the new cars use either mini, low profile mini, or ato fuses. Can you look again at the page
http://www.amazon.com/Pico-0956PT-Mi...=pd_sbs_auto_2 ,
and scroll down a bit, and youll see where you can buy 3 different add a fuse products in the section entitled, 'frequently bought together'. Can you tell me which of the 3 you see there is the right one to use for our cars? Also, there's the matter of the fuse to piggyback onto the top of the fuse holder.. Im confused if the fuse part of the device that plugs into the fuse box, and the one that piggybacks on top are the same size fuse?.. I read where the piggybacked fuse should be a mini fuse, but I cant tell in the copy if they are referring to the piggybacked fuse, or the main fuse that plugs into the fuse box? Lastly, what amp fuse would you suggest for the piggyback portion which powers the Valentine.?

Sorry to be a little retarded on this, but I really appreciate the help.