View Single Post
      11-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #13
stelthy
1 Series Wanna-Be
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiiieustyle View Post
i'm guessing you have never been a tech. my gripe is it takes me approx 15-20minutes checking these systems out and resetting there lights. there not there for anything else just the light, so when it's doen and gone i just worked for free. that's my gripe, in 20 minutes i can have a 3hr timing belt in and done and get paid 3 hrs for it...... i get paid by commision basically, so if job say's it takes 3 hours to do and i finish it it 20 minutes then i get paid 3 hrs this also works if i take longer on a job i still get paid the same either way i get paid. people coming in and wasting my time with a tire pressure light that 90% of the time is the customers fault is a pain in the bung hole, if people would mearly check there tire pressures like there supposed to my day would be alot easier.
I am a computer technician, so I know where you are coming from. I get complaints from my clients when they get a notification that their antivirus software needs attention. 95% of the time, it is because it expired. Click on the link and put in your credit card I tell them... Pretty easy, but I am glad to get the call (even though it is frustrating at the same time), because I know that it means their computer will be protected, therefore saving me an even bigger headache later on...

I think the low-tire light falls under this same type of situation. Or even a low oil level light. Something that you don't need a technician for, but because people are not educated (or choose to be idiots), they call one...

I agree with what Fair said, I am one of those people who reads my manual for my car from cover to cover (sometimes before I get the car!), and know more about the car than the dealer (yes and even some techs :wink. But my wife and mother-in-law, always let me check their tire pressure, and oil levels, because they don't want too (at least they know how...). This summer a low tire pressure light saved my mother in law from a possible blow out, I ended up "fixing" it for her, and had to reset the light. But I would rather be troubled with that, then have to show up to change a blow out or worse.
Appreciate 0