View Single Post
      10-31-2008, 04:28 AM   #88
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

True, however the Evo and STI with the 4 piston caliper were also made by Brembo as well.

Now I'm not saying that it's not the caliper issue, it might end up being so. However, to properly figure out what has gone wrong, we need to look at the situation objectively instead of assuming things and start pointing fingers. By doing so, we may not look at all the variables and miss the solution.

I have NEVER seen caliper pistons come apart like this, very puzzling mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
Fred, that too. Pad may have something to do with it but still. Think of the inferior Lancer with double the power it originally and use some shit pads around the same track; brake the same way and still go home with a sound caliper.... hey that is something wrong. Tell me you can use the car like that in a Subaru and a Lancer but not in a BMW 135... sigh

Cannot speak about WAY (hehe), but most people track regularly use brake efficiently that there is minimal pad/rotor contact times. That will not be a big problem. But I did say that when I tested WAY's pad and caliper at the pit side... it was much higher than my set up.
Appreciate 0