05-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #21
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
You are right that the stiffer PS springs will expose the weakness of the stock bushings, specifically the rear subframe bushings, which will bounce over bumps. I learned my lesson and always recommend M3 rear subframe bushings with stiffer springs.

But the stock dampers are too soft even for the stock springs. You should upgrade them whether you get new springs or not.

The minimum upgrade I would recommend for every 135i is Koni Sports or FSDs, E92 M3 front swaybar, the $65 HD front bushings, and for track, camber plates. I didn't mention the linear rear springs because I don't have any experience with them, so I don't have an opinion about them.
Thanks for the advice. So I guess this would be the list of items I am contemplating.

- Koni Yellow Shocks x4 (How often do people play with the rear external adjustables? Want to know if it's worth it)
- 09 Stock Springs vs 2010+ Linear Springs vs PS Springs... or other Spring recommendation with minimal drop but won't expose the subframe bushing weakenss too badly?
- Ground Control Hybrid Camber Plates vs Voshlag Camber Plates? I know the Dinan doesn't give enough camber without M3 wishbone, which would probably put me into a hole of getting the M3 tension rods and M3 control arms also..? Probably also stiffen stuff up too much in the front to expose some bushing weakness up front.
- E92 M3 front sway
- HD front bushing