02-05-2018, 07:21 PM   #49
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I think I remember reading where something had to be relocated if you were to put an exhaust pipe on the right (passenger) side. Can't get to my car right now so I can't look, but I'm sure someone else knows.
Yup it's the battery tray you have to swap out......

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
I've been thinking of this before I began browsing the forums! I guess great minds think alike . This is where dad would step in and say "Small minds seldom differ..."

Execution would be interesting, I'd have to have the pipes routed very precisely to avoid a) the subframe, battery tray, and bumper cover b) the fuel vapor filter, which is presumably filled with fuel vapors, and won't take kindly to heat. I could also just swap battery trays and heat shields like you're supposed to, and make it all easier...
....BUT, you don't technically HAVE to. You can actually have a shop weld in a re-routed pipe directly off the stock exhaust that just tucks in behind the diffuser. I've seen a few examples of this but can't find any pics at the moment. It looks great and is technically functionally but mostly for show.