View Single Post
      01-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Hi everyone, sorry for not getting back to you all sooner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
yes, they are dimpled, but when the brake dust gets in the dimples it looks like they're drilled lol
Lol thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Nice looking M wheels.
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevanosrc View Post
Interesting, I wonder why are they dimpled instead of being drilled??
Dimpled is fine but I was only worried as they did not match the front rotors which were drilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Where did u get the wheels.. Please post a pic of the whole car!!! it looks great.. Thats how the 1 should have come stock...
Thanks mate. I plan on doing another photo shoot again soon as my car is almost in its completed stage. I've been waiting on iCarbon to send me their hood but don't think it's going to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novator View Post
They are indeed dimpled in the rear, but from what I've heard dimpled is better than drilled because it is a little less prone to cracking. I at first was a little upset that the the rears were dimpled and not drilled like the fronts, but they are both slotted which makes me happy and with the group buy pricing from Dan I couldn't pass it up.
This is also what I've come across in my research. Dimpled still dispenses heat and is less prone to cracking but I thought they were non-genuine as they did not match the front rotors and I was under the impression they were drilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget12345 View Post
From conversations with Dan when the long awaited for rears (finally) became available I believe that BMW maintain these are more of a 'cosmetic' than a performance part. Hence dimpled for looks rather than drilled for function.

I was one of the addicts who waited and pressed for the matching rears for looks before ordering the set.
Dimpled rotors are actually comparable in performance to the drilled, I'm just surprised BMW decided to differentiate the aesthetics of the front and rears.
Appreciate 0