02-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #25
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
I have inquired with the powers to be and am awaiting a response..

In the past there hasent been much luck with hardwear as part of a sub-assembly... for instance there was this bolt that was needed for a crash beam in a front door... bolt not available... had to get an entire door shell !!!

I have some hope as Brembo is involved... in the past i was also able to get specs for stuff... ie pitch, shoulder, grade, length, torque etc etc..

stand by for more info...

personally, i like taking the caliper off using theses bolts... it so much easier / cleaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandyr View Post
Thanks for the info and hoping for good news; It is much faster, easier, cleaner as you said to do it this way; I've done it plenty of times with no issues, just an oversight this time and bam! lol

We'll wait for any info you find out and thanks again

Ok boys and girls....

2 avenues both came up with the same answer....... "you need what bolt?? (pause) (silence) oh boy, your not supposed to remove that one for service !!!! we dont have a source for that bolt....( cries in the backround)

I still am waiting on the third source... (BMW proper) but i have a suspicion we are gonna be sh&t out of luck......

ill have my car in the shop tomorrow ( maybe) and ill pull one out and mike it up and see what stampings are on it etc etc etc ..

Technically it is mearly a hex head shouldered metric cap bolt... i think all we need to do is confirm the grade and order some from MSC or Grainger

keep standing by...