03-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #26
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Life is too short ... If you can move from a 1M and it ends up not costing you anything then I say go for it.
We all know it's a fantastic car but I'm all for experiencing new things.
What you go to next is almost irrelevant, have it for a yr or so and then jump across to the next thing. If you really miss it, it's not hard to come back to a 1M.

It's a fantastic car, but there will be better.
Personally I'd look at the A45 or CLA45 just to try something different. If the $$$ can stretch then as everyone has mentioned it'd be a Porsche of some sort.

Either way, I think you're in a good position, good luck with your decision.
Thanks for such a well written and kind post. Curiosity indeed plays a more important role than any possible material gains. This doesn't mean that I got bored with the 1M, not at all, I just love it and in fact I know that whatever reason I sell it one day I will simply regret it.

Life is short as you say and maybe I just don't want to find myself in a situation that I will be "forced" to sell it quickly; instead I prefer to make it more like it is my own choice to move to another thing since there is always something good and refreshing about trying new things, which stimulate us and feed our curiosity. Also, being in control whenever you can and being able to choose the time and mode to sell a car like this is probably better than leaving it to chance and destiny.

I need to face it guys, no matter how much I like it, I just can't see how I can keep it real long. It is not a pet. Not really.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0