03-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #43
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo
The number 1 rule in buying a new car is never by the first model year of a first generation model.
Oz

I was recently thinking of the M2, and could it be better than the 1M. And perhaps another chance for Euro Delivery, and then I remembered the first year car I owned ( a subaru legacy) and it was an decent car that had some horrible first year issues.

The 1M was a first and only year model of a sorted e82 chassis going into its second to last year of production. Quite different than a completely new model. However, BMW does release M models a year after the underlying car.

In defense of the unknown heritage of the M2, the 1995 M3 still remains the most desirable of e36s in many cases ( in the us). However, we all know that late model Z3Ms got a much better motor....

Tough call on the money side of things, , but I certainly wouldn't gamble on Alfa ownership being a better experience than BMW.

There is no way I could switch to front wheel drive as my sports car. Sorry, MINI GP can be cool as hell but still driving the wrong wheels.

The Alfa has cool looks, and according to Top Gear you aren't a sports car fan until you own one, but does that mean you should buy a new one?
Appreciate 0