ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Oz

I was recently thinking of the M2, and could it be better than the 1M. And perhaps another chance for Euro Delivery, and then I remembered the first year car I owned ( a subaru legacy) and it was an decent car that had some horrible first year issues.

The 1M was a first and only year model of a sorted e82 chassis going into its second to last year of production. Quite different than a completely new model. However, BMW does release M models a year after the underlying car.

In defense of the unknown heritage of the M2, the 1995 M3 still remains the most desirable of e36s in many cases ( in the us). However, we all know that late model Z3Ms got a much better motor....

Tough call on the money side of things, , but I certainly wouldn't gamble on Alfa ownership being a better experience than BMW.

There is no way I could switch to front wheel drive as my sports car. Sorry, MINI GP can be cool as hell but still driving the wrong wheels.

The Alfa has cool looks, and according to Top Gear you aren't a sports car fan until you own one, but does that mean you should buy a new one?
Food for thought! Thanks Adjuster, I appreciate it all.

Maybe I catch a good deal on a 2010/2011 Boxster Spyder (I like it as a more attractive concept than Cayman R) whereever I will end up next year, it was my only real contender vs 1M two years ago. Would finish the search for me. Issue is in most markets you won't find a single one for sale, and if you do will be a loaded PDK version which contradicts my taste.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0