View Single Post
      08-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #6308
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm996tt View Post
When I put up a pic of my 135is on the P site I got like one in the middle of the road compliment lol. BMW and Porsche people as a rule butt heads, as do many other fans of different makes. I own different makes and really don't have a favorite, I will spend as much time admiring a clean Vega-Pinto as I will Ferrari= call me nuts. Do agree that the p four banger isn't the best exhaust note but that's not the whole picture.
Oddly enough, I'm generally a Porsche guy, but I only drive a 135i at the moment, and I get more compliments on the little BMW than I ever did my 911 or Cayman. Being a Porsche fanatic, those are still the classic cars that I read about and have interest in, for the most part, although, oddly enough, I always loved the BMW 2002, so I guess it makes sense that the 1er was my first BMW sports car.

I have to agree about the four banger sound. I was driving behind a gorgeous 718 Cayman in Miami blue the other day, and the sound wasn't pretty. It almost made me want to rev out my N55 a little bit to brag, but I'm not that kind of guy.

Ultimately, I think the 987/997 was peak water-cooled Porsche, with hydraulic steering and proper flat-sixes, so that's the direction I'll go if I ever get back into Porsche.
Appreciate 1
Esteban43806.50