View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #25
Mark Aubele
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
I'm not doing anything differently than anyone who knows how to set a car up.

You go on prepping your wife's 135i by slamming it to the ground and running high offset wheels. Oh dont forget the 4* of camber and 1000lb springs so you can call it a "real race car" (fyi most full blown race cars on pirellis are restricted to 3* camber).
I can't even begin to respond to the stupidity of this statement. Are you trolling? And her car is far from slammed, and it has 550/800 springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post

And now to the results... hows your wife doing with that poorly setup car? Because on 2016 245/45r17 scrub street tires I am within 3s of daniel Stainbeck, multi time street mod champ, running 315 hoosier A7. Or any other of the other national podium drivers that were a second faster than me at that event you're referencing... Is your wife running within 1s of james tadad-- last years stx champion? Even raw timed him this year (in his defense he was on rains)? You ask for results now put your foot in your mouth and move along. Having the extra fender clearance and being able to space the wheels out a bit has contributed quite a bit to how well the car feels right now. Just like you tried to argue that a picture represented roll when the car was clear as day accelerating. Just straight up dumb shit not sure why I waste my time. Doesnt even know how to measure bump travel but wants to argue about camber loss... and demanding "results." Go grab a ruler and measure something. Start with your ego.

Things clueless people say:
* "Stock ride height has worse suspension geometry"
* "You need 3.5* or more camber to be fast"
* "You need to lower the car to make it go fast. Everyone knows you get sick ground effects from lowering a car that doesn't ever see over 60mph and has no AERO aid."
* "Widening the track width a bit on an under-tire'd car isn't worth it."

I feel like the enthusiast scene has been completely taken over by Tokyo drift. At least for bmw's that seems to be the case because any other forum you can find intelligent people actually discussing suspension tuning beyond "camber is the only thing that make you go faster durrr deet durrr."

So OP needs new fenders and is curious to know if relatively cheap N5tuner fenders will provide a little bit extra clearance that he needs to square his wheel and tire setup up. Specifically, to widen the front track width a bit to to help reduce understeer. Are you going to ignore his needs, and this particular scenario, or actually try to provide your experience with N5tuner fenders?

OP, jsut take your damn fenders off. You don't need them. Oh and you have under-steer? Just run 4* of camber bro. Everyone knows that's the only way to get a bmw to handle well. DUH.
I'll only respond to the bolded part, because you have made yourself look so ridiculous in the rest of the response, there is no way I could possibly out do it.

She again, doesn't autocross. I don't either. I used to, and the setup was pretty similar. Here are a couple examples of how I do in my poorly setup M3 against actual race cars on actual slicks, with really stiff springs, low ride height, massive wheels, and 4* of camber up front. I'm on a DOT tire. My wife is in there too. Usually around 25th-40th or so, but out of 80-120 cars. You will have to scroll to the bottom to see the actual results.

http://pahillclimb.org/wp-content/up...al_Results.pdf

http://pahillclimb.org/wp-content/up...tn_Results.pdf

Just a couple examples. And I'm done responding to you. In the future, maybe try a little harder to realize there are guys around here who have been at this for a very long time, and really know what they are doing. I've seen you pull the shit you do with me to numerous guys on here who also have been at this for really long time, have had a ton of success, and would've been happy to share their knowledge with you.

Last edited by Mark Aubele; 10-24-2019 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0