11-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
I was looking at the 550i clutch prices online a few months ago and there was a us based ebay seller selling them slightly cheaper than ECS yet there p&h fees were only like $40.

Have a look on www.ebay.com

A clutch GB may be an option also, as whilst I dont need one I'm sure its only a matter of time (my car has 82k kays now, but alas most hwy kilometers so less wear on clutch components than a car which has 80k kays driving in the city)

I'm in two mind wether to get a cheapish and sensible 550i clutch, or if/when in future I get upgraded turbos I'll need something sturdier such as the spec 3 or motiv twin plate clutch...
I couldn't seem to find anything on ebay, might need to do a little more digging. Almost got excited for a link but it was for an e60 550i

FCP euro has the 550i clutch for $400+56.42 usps shipping. Group buys are probably out because of the customs threshold. I need to buy some more gasket kits for walnut blasting so at least I can spread the cost of shipping.

My main concern is the flywheel though. The clutch kit only costs just over $600 which sounds reasonable but the dual mass is quite pricey at just under 1k. Would definitely like to get that cost down a bit if possible.