View Single Post
      11-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #223
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

FCP order arrived after 1 week and I was able to replace the air con pipe.

The new pipe is actually different to the old one, the bend nearest to the charge pipe is prone to rubbing on the charge pipe even on an unmodified car. So the new pipe has extra bends for clearance.

Unfortunately RealOEM (BMW ETK) did not mention that the new pipe requires the new bracket and my old bracket 64539132483 does not fit the new pipe. Normally when new parts require new supporting parts, realoem indicates that the new part is only exchangeable when used in conjunction with the additional parts. The correct clip is only found on newer cars on production dates 2011 and onwards.I found the new bracket on the diagram for the BMW 1M: Part number 64539239769

I had to remove the bracket entirely to get the pipe to fit, as the pipe is quite rigid and the bracket is not so critical. The weather is hot in Melbourne and it has been very bad without air conditioning so I did not want to wait.

Left the car with Jin @ EasternBM in Bayswater to get the system purged and recharged. Air Con recharging and reoiling is one of the few jobs I can't DIY so for the first time I ever, I took my into a workshop. He got the Aircon recharged for a very good price and very short notice, very happy with the turnaround time.
Attached Images