View Single Post
      08-12-2017, 07:45 PM   #47
nanotech
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i SGM M-Sport

Interesting note

So, was running the EBC Yellows on the street yesterday, in town. Have noticed that (obviously) initial bite is a bit weak when pads are cold, so a hard application in town makes for a gradual increase in friction and increasingly rapid deceleration.

Turns out, when someone is following you closely, and you hammer the brakes so as not to hit someone who unexpectedly panic stops at the first sign of a yellow in front of you, it confuses the car behind you as your braking force increases, and they might hit you...

Luckily the hit was at about 2mph and it just scuffed the bumper that already has some marring, but I can't help but thinking that with the OE pads on, it would have been more obvious I was stopping hard at initial outset and following driver might have realized more immediately and stopped harder themselves.

Anyways, fun anecdote. Keep an eye on the mirror and leave more following distance on cold track pads. LOL. I haven't ordered the PFC08s yet as track days have been curtailed due to work, but they are still the next planned pad for summer some street/more track use.
Appreciate 0