View Single Post
      07-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #45
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
If you mean the lack of rear seats, then I agree with you. If you mean some class/status/demographic conotation, then I'm going to laugh may ass off at it.

The Corvette is an absolutely cracking sports car and truly if I didn't need rear seats, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Gets better mileage too, to address another poster's concern. :smile:

Base price may be a few grand higher, but they also come better equipped. Add Sport Package, Leather, power seats, premium audio or any other (short) list of options to the 135i and it will be right there with them, at around the $40k mark.

The GXP is supposed to fulfill that potential. Anyway, it will have better acceleration, will handle decently, have a nice interior and loads of space.

Again, acceleration was the main concern of the post. One other poster started being concerned about gas mileage, now you add handling to the mix - anything really just to have the 1 "win", to justify the purchase. Fine by me, I'll drink to that...
No, the Corvette is a pure sportscar w/o a backseat, thus it's not in the same class. I would love to have one, but it's not feasible, even for a small family.

The only way I can think of to compare pricing in a fair manner is by comparing the base price. I'm not going to get started in the options.

I'm not trying to switch from acceleration to handling in order to have the 135 "win". I don't know how you took that from my posts :iono: I'm trying to define vehicles into a comparable group. There is no winning when it comes to car choices!

I honestly think that we both have a love for (all) cars and share a similar, but slightly different, perspective.
Appreciate 0