02-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #129
austinaslink
Automotive Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 PS2 N55 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETADRAFT View Post

Wedge: I'm now leaning this direction as well. Curious how you plan to use the PI though? can that be controlled thru MHD? Main reason i keep JB4 now is to control my meth inj in CP (91oct here) and now for the PI (if i can ever get it wired correctly... ) Depending on your answer i may scrap everything and start again. Just dont want to have to buy additional controllers, but if thats the better way it may be inevitable.

Thanks again for the help here
Congrats on getting the PS2 in and keeping it leak free! Getting that turbo installed is a feat in and of itself.. lol

To run port injection with MHD/Custom Tune, I was going to run a Split Second AIC. (https://www.precisionraceworks.com/s...ler-aic-6.aspx)

It's an additional controller, yes.. But so is the JB4 technically.

This taps into a tach signal, map signal, power and ground. You flash the controller with a laptop, with files provided from your tuner. That, and your actual DME flash would have to be updated to accommodate as well. That's it as far as I know!

I'm running a port injection intake manifold, but currently have the ports plugged. I'll purchase the injectors and controller once I get somewhere that has E85 available. Running port injection with 92 pump fuel won't net me any gains currently. I am currently limited by octane, not volume. So no need for the port injection yet.

With E85 however, I will need the additional volume that port injection provides.

Austin