View Single Post
      10-04-2018, 08:28 PM   #316
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Yep, custom heat shield needs more prettiness.
Rocker cover vent lines to custom catch can.
Big alloy tank is custom catch can.

From our previous testing with both 83 and 101 housings we just gain 800rpm quicker spool with the power curve just a little less aggressive and stretched out.
We might run a comparison up to 25psi but the diff will be different.

JD75 has my 493 log which is aborted at 5100rpm due to wheel spin on the dyno. Will post that up when he sends it over. If we could have fuelled it a 525 plus run was imminent despite the semi-slicks, aggressive strap down and ramp rate. With a built motor, there is way more in it than that too as the 84RS just starts to lift its skirts at 30psi.

The turbo and housing are too big for a stock motor and power potential in my opinion, although its like a stock 135 to drive at low rpm. Depend on what you want from your car and if you like power you cant use or put to the ground anywhere without a RaceGlide, slicks and track. However, the new set-up spools the same as the old 0.83 with its 1.01 housing. This would be perfect for some on e85. But I don't want to run the stuff in my car and especially not for anything but the dyno in my new engine.

I think a 3076R would still knock out 450kw plus on e85 but would spool like a bastard from low rpm and be a great driver on 98. Can't see much difference with a 3576. I am not interested in blowing my original engine to prove there is a high 500kw number or more in the car. We are in break everything territory. Might play with high numbers next year with the built engine and trans...might.

Car is back getting the diff and 0.83 housing done. Will not be ragging it on the dyno as further upgrades to my fuelling are needed again. We will tune the car with BoostBox and flex fuel on a VTT Double Barrel. PI won't be needed unless shooting for high numbers.

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS

Last edited by 135i2; 10-04-2018 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0