View Single Post
      10-26-2018, 12:07 PM   #27
JP0013
Rep
Drives: 128i SBP / 320i MWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeard View Post
Read this again when I got home. OP, why not v8 swap it? Got every reason to!! You're coming from an e39 m5 (dad had one, we miss it sorely) and e92 335i, some of the really potent cars that came out of Bavaria. Surely you must have missed that with the 128's relatively mundane power? Your wife begged you to hold on to the car, now hold her to her promise when the v8 goes in! Several options, too. All kinds of small blocks like LS, S65 from m3, even v10 from m5(on youtube, crazy!) etc. Other option is new boosted n52. Lots of opportunity brotha!! Just wanting you to take advantage of the blown engine rather than just replace it with another regular motor. By the end of it, you'd be left with one helluva powerplant with an even better chassis around it. A unique beast, track or daily! Just my $.02
Sorry for leaving you guys hanging. Ended up going the pedestrian route with a low mile N52 with a one year warranty. It's just not the right time for a project like this.

BUT, I'm planning a C5 Vette Kart in the very near future so as much as I love ALMOST everything about this car, at the end of the day it will remain an otherwise fantastically reliable commuter and the Vette Kart will make a better "toy."
Appreciate 1
smeard136.00