View Single Post
      06-30-2022, 09:48 AM   #5
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i 6MT

Garage List
Had a chance to install my Isudar tweeters and mids this morning. Need to grab a T50 to install the subs so the comments below only pertain to the speakers.

Based off of recent pics and vids of Bavsound stuff, the Isudar kit is identical in packaging and design with a couple cosmetic differences. The branding is obviously different, the wires are purple, and the connectors aren't color coded. Here's an album with a few quick pics of each piece.
View post on imgur.com

Install was the same as any other PnP speaker kit and was pretty easy. Broke a couple clips on one door card and the rears were a pain in the ass to get in but other than that it was smooth sailing, taking about 2 hours total. Only gripes are the connectors on the mids are identical with no way of identifying which goes to power and which does to the tweeter and that the female connectors for the mids are on wires instead of being integrated into the speaker like OEM. These wires are too damn long and make a mess. They were even pushing the rear mids out of their cubby until I got the bolts back in. Minor issues though given that I got everything working on the first attempt. I either got insanely lucky or the power and tweeter connectors are reversible. If that's the case my first gripe is moot.

As for performance, these things are pretty damn good. I'm no audiophile but this kit is a significant step up from my stock HiFi setup with a Bavsound Revenant amp. The difference isn't as significant as it was going from the stock amp to the Revenant, but the difference is definitely noticeable. The soundstage is wider, highs are significantly more crisp, and the mids added a noticeable amount of bass. The sound just feels fuller and more substantial. Bavsound has a tune for their speakers and subs preloaded on their amp, so once I get the subs installed I'll give that a whirl.

Given the performance I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that these aren't shitty Chinese clones, and that Isudar is selling the same stuff as Bavsound for half the price. Last I checked the works from Bavsound was ~$1250. My kit from Isudar was ~$680 shipped, but their dumbass site doesn't tell you that the tweeters come in pairs (you have to select single or pair for the mids) so I bought 2 sets of each (If anyone wants to buy front and rear tweets lemme know). If you aren't a moron like me the total for everything is closer to $590. Its also worth noting that you'll get hit with a foreign transaction fee even if you use Paypal, so once again don't be a moron like me and use a card with no FTFs.

Will try to install the subs later today. Will report back on those and how the whole setup performs using the Revenant tune designed for a full Bavsound setup.

Here's all of the crap I ordered
View post on imgur.com

Last edited by Papa Popov; 06-30-2022 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 1