View Single Post
      04-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
AndyM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Let's Parcel Net the Center Console

My Z3 Coupe came with a parcel net along the passenger side of the center console. It is nice to have a spot to hold mail, cds and other miscellaneous items. I like having a place to put smaller stuff and not have it rattle around in the various storage spots but also have it nearby in case I need it on the fly. BMW offers a slightly smaller version than the Z3 one and I feel it fits the 1er a bit better.

I offer the net with 4 fasteners for $27.00

To install the net, you will need the net and 4 fasteners as well as an awl and some masking tape.

Before you begin the installation, you will want to locate the position for the net. Adjust the passenger seat to here you would normally have it. If you install the net with the seat all the way back and then move the seat forward, you will block access to the net. If you install it with the seat too far forward, it will be too far from the driver to reach.

With the seat adjusted, position the net where you would like it. Mark the 2 upper corners with the masking tape and along the bottom (near the corners but along the flat edge). Use a pen to mark on the masking tape where the fasteners will be located.

Using the awl, punch a small hole through the marks you made and into the console. Be gentle, you do not need the awl to go all the way in.

Once you have the pilot holes made, insert the awl back into the hole and remove the tape. Remove the awl and screw in the fastener. It can be very difficult to see the hole you made so it is a bit easier to keep the awl in as long as you can. Repeat for all 4 fasteners.

The frame of the net will lock into the fasteners.

Appreciate 0