02-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Joined the 1-Family!!!

After about a month into my search, I can finally say I am a proud owner of a 135i! Really stoked!!!

Patience paid off, got behind the wheel of a car I just loved, had all the options I cared for, and none that I didn't.

Here are the details:
2008 135i Sparkling Graphite Metallic
6-spd manual, Dark Poplar Wood Trim
Options: Sport, Black Boston Leather, Heated Seats, Tire+Rim protection warranty (recon it would come in handy with these low profile tires).
2,600 miles, mint condition, adult owner, properly broken into, never tracked, original 1-series commemorative edition book and all paperwork/service history.

I took some pics over the weekend which you can find under my album (here are a few teasers). I have an Audi RS4 and wanted to have an additional daily fun toy (though I seldom drive to work), something I can toss around the city (and track of course), be better on gas, but not at the point it is a slow econo soap-dish. Natural finalists included the Mini Cooper JCW and VW GTI: the former lost on price ($36K+ after a few minor options!!!), and the latter lost on several grounds, mostly because they are everywhere, and a new one is coming later in the year. At the end of the day the 135i shouldn't even be considered a competitor of the two others I mentioned, it is really in a league of its own. I just sold a heavily modded E39 M5 (had everything short of forced induction), so despite the RS4 being a venerable replacement of the Beast, I was still missing the blue and white propeller too much. I figure the 135i is a good tribute to the departed Beast!

What also won me in this car is it's mod-ibility. A simple flash will provide more gains than the myriad of mods I had on the ///M5 (and RS4) - learned my lesson the hard (and pricey) way that the gains to a naturally aspirated car are really limited (short of a S/Cer or Turbo).

So let the modding begin!!!
Attached Images

1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0