View Single Post
      01-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #51
Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i Black on Black

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
I added a poll to the top of this thread to see what we end up with. For HIDs we have the 6-10k temps in stock. We can get the 4k ones, but it would be bought wholesale, so we would either need a consensus, or each customer would pay a bit more for a "custom order" As for the AEs, they are LED so its a bit different. The options as they stand now are, pure white, plasma white(what I have with the blueish tint), or everyone would have to agree on a "yellowish" oem color, because again, it would have to be ordered as bulk.

To answer AW128i's question: I am glad you brought this up as it was an original concern of mine. The seals on the headlights themselves are well done, and I can photograph them later if needed. There was a problem however with the corner "turn signal" area that we are addressing. You see, the turn bulb is not screwed in on these headlights, it is simply popped in, so if it isn't tight enough, condensation can occur. We are probably going to take out the headlights this weekend and see if there is any reinforcement sealing we can do there. I will comment on that once we have. As for recourse, we will layout all warrantied situations and such when we start to take actual orders. One thing to consider is that technically these are a "custom conversion kit" so we have to take into account issues like condensation, and prevent them. Hope this helps so far. Still working out a price (I am trying to get you guys a really good deal, hence why I started this group buy), but if we could get people to at least put their name on the list just to show interest, that would be best right now.
Appreciate 0