View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #141
Jbravo33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

I have every intention on keeping my current manual GT3 and passing it down to my son who is currently 3 and absolutely loves it. I haven't felt this connection to a car since 2001 when I had an e46 M3. At 19 I wasn't appreciative as I am now (37) I wish I never sold that M3. Probably will be buying another one in the future but i wish I had kept mine for the simple fact of all the after market parts I had that made it a one off. AC Schnitzer from top to bottom. From wheels to lip, diffuser, silver cf interior, roll cage etc. Literally everything. I've started modding GT3 only cuz I plan to keep it. For me 500hp manual car that weighs 3000lbs is more than enough. I don't need anything faster. If so then might as well build a track car. For weekend driving, road trips this car fills a void I have had for over a decade.

I'd say it's all relative to where you are in life and timing. Nothing wrong with leasing an M every few years. Literally what I was about to do. Canceled my 2020 f83 order day after I got confirmation of all the individual options I had wanted got approved. Said to myself I'm gonna spend 50k (plus mods) over the next 3 years and have nothing to show for it after 36months. Most likely would be a year into lease and probably want something else. So I bit the bullet and went this route. Something long term that can stay in the family and have a story behind it.
Attached Images

jqsmooth160.00
PoorLurker1136.50