View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 06:08 PM   #144
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacht3 View Post
So based on this argument, if I traded it in for a Singer 911 that would be fine since I'm moving towards a more raw car but If I trade in for a 918 that's not fine since it's a more computer driven car?

IMO "chasing the latest and greatest" doesn't mean you're chasing the latest version or the newest features, it just means you want something new. The average person is ready to switch things up every few years. But the guy (putting my flame suit on) who's trading in his F8X every year because he wants a new headlight design that 90% of the population can't notice isn't my cup of tea either...but it's their money and to each their own...whatever makes you happy.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I also marvel at the feats of engineering auto makers can pull off. Just because that 918 is very much a giant computer doesn't mean I can't appreciate the steps it took in design and engineering to get there, and then also enjoy the ride it provides.
Exactly, if you can afford it and that's what you want.................why is that my concern?

Granted it's on a way different monetary scale, but it's no different than, "My current cell phone works perfectly and does everything else I want, but I still want the new hotness."

That's why I still have an old Pixel 2 phone. It works, does what I need it to, the back is cracked, but the screen isn't and doing excellent. If I want to drop $1000 on a phone, why should anyone else care?

If that's how people choose to spend their money instead of making sure they won't be eating Alpo in a crummy, retirement home. Why should I care?

I can't imagine being so concerned with what other people do with their money.
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle6070.50